*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046794-Two-Days-March20-and--21
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1046794 added March 21, 2023 at 11:45am
Restrictions: None
Two Days March20 and 21
BCOF Insignia signature dancing owl


March 20,2023:

Prompt: Try the “stream of consciousness” writing and tell us what you see when you're looking out of a window, any window closest to you at the moment.

At my desk sunshine is streaming through a window onto the desk. One of my cats is sleeping in the broad place where the sunshine is hitting. Behind the cat is the scenery.

Farm equipment is covered in tarpaulins,

The sunshine has melted a lot of the snow. Most of the ground is green where grass grows. Patchy places of snow still hang on where trees shade the wet turf. Even the trees without leaves have a shading presence.

The bird feeder is bare because in the night the deer have come and licked it clean. It is slightly wobbly because the deer stretch their necks up into the feeder to get all the last bits of seed. It stretches the wires that stabilize the feeder, so the feeder is always a little bit off balance. I tighten the wires occasionally, but the deer come back again, so it continues to be a little loose on the pole.

Out the window extending behind the yard is the hay field and the woods. Birds fly in and out of the apple tree all day that I can see from the window. It is the tree closest to the bird feeder. Birds will continue to check the feeder from the apple tree all day to see if I have put more seed into the feeder.


The driveway is close to the house. You can see the deeply rutted mud tracks made by the car. The weather this year did not really ever freeze the ground, so the tracks are pressed into the driveway by the weight of the automobile, when it goes into and out of the garage.

Prompt: Travel--
Share with us a real or imaginary travel story. Who is with you and who or what do you meet on the trip that is extraordinary? Was there a difficult moment and at the end, what advice would you give to other travelers?


It isn't often we travel anywhere. One day feeling adventurous we went looking for bike or hike trails.
I suggested we try Oil country. So, off we went in our Jeep to oil country. Traveling Route 8 toward Titusville we passed through some small towns. Most of the road travels through farmland with some villages along the way. Entering Titusville is different than it use to be. There is a new Walmart and a Tractor Supply. You pass the Veterinarian office close to the same area.

The biggest attraction is the Oil Creek Railway. Passage on the railway takes you around oil creek park with views of fishermen casting rods on the creek, good views of deer, birds and other wildlife, and stops at the museum where it picks up bikers and their bicycles who rode out of town and around the many trails offered by the park.

There are sites where old oil wells have been abandoned but the ancient oil producing machinery still stands. The trails to walk or ride bikes on are quite extensive and well kept. Besides taking a ride on the railway, we walked up a trail for a while, and visited. a picnic area.

One time K and I took the tour on the Oil creek railway which is really a very relaxing afternoon train ride.

Another time we took one of my granddaughters; on that particular trip we visited the museum and walked some trails and visited a park that had camping facilities and picnic tables. You really have to have some travel maps of the area in order to find all the sites that are interesting.

The historical visuals at Oil Creek are worth seeing. It makes you wonder about the people who discovered oil there, and then they went to the far east to discover oil in other parts of the world. The Oil Creek Railroad offers overnight stays in a train car motel. Someday I'll go back to ride the train again. At some part of November or December they offer a mystery train. A group of people put on a mystery performance. The passengers get to try and solve the mystery. A nice way to become an amateur sleuth.

THE END





© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046794-Two-Days-March20-and--21