*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046800-My-Thoughts-on-the-Holy-Spirit
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1046800 added March 21, 2023 at 1:22pm
Restrictions: None
My Thoughts on the Holy Spirit
prayer prompt
Pray for your neighbors.

blog prompt
Write about the Holy Spirit.


The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord. While some Christians accept these as a definitive list of specific attributes, others understand them merely as examples of the Holy Spirit's work through the faithful.

The Holy Spirit works in us by peeling away our sinful characteristics and replacing them with godly characteristics. His work in us makes us more and more like Jesus. Just as Acts 1:8 mentions, the Holy Spirit empowers Christians to be effective witnesses for Jesus Christ.

John 15:26: The Holy Ghost testifies of Jesus Christ. Jesus taught that “when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me”

The Holy Spirit has been given to us so that we can know who God is and know how to follow Him. Often the Holy Spirit will speak to us in our minds by giving us a thought or an idea. Or He will lead us by making an impression upon us.

Synonyms for Holy Spirit

Dove.
comforter.
intercessor.
paraclete.
presence of God.
spirit.
spirit of God.
spirit of Truth.

Source: https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=The+Holy+Spirit&sourceid=opera&ie=U...

These are things that I agree with. Jesus left this world, but sent the Holy Spirit to us to be a comforter; not only to those who actually walked with Him, but to those of us who walk with Him now. I find that when I am inspired while reading the Word of God (The Bible), it is the Holy Spirit that is the prompter. I haven't been as close to God as I should be, but I guess that is not just for my part. The truth is, I had been floundering in my faith, and then last summer I got sick. I have no idea why God has spared me, as others who had sepsis did not live. My only guess is that God wasn't finished with me yet. So here I am, trying to figure out my purpose in life, and what God wants me to do.

Just my random thoughts.




signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046800-My-Thoughts-on-the-Holy-Spirit