*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046863-Fragments-1999
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Dark · #2289810
We three🗝
#1046863 added March 23, 2023 at 4:26am
Restrictions: None
Fragments (1999)
The last ember of the fire is dying and I can't seem to embrace the darkness that is to come. I stare into the warm glow and bathe my soul in the dying heat of your passion. As it slowly turns into a cinder, I try to scoop up the ashes and remold it into the love that once was ours. But as soon as my hands touch them, they dissipate into the ground and are buried along with my hopes.

The crystal bubble surrounding me shatters and I am left vulnerable to the evil in my mind. I realize my protection is gone and visions of you swirl about my head taunting me; reminding me that the last flame of our happiness had died. I am left to sit alone in the shadows with lurking monsters of my mind invading my privacy.They chill me with their every touch, every remembrance of you.

As I'm slowly frozen from the inside-out, my stomach churns with disbelief and I want to spew forth every last memory of us so that I can die with indifference instead of pain. The dark stillness enveloping me doesn't compare with the raging blizzard numbing every last sense inside me until I am left as a lifeless ice crystal; quickly melting away and left as a pool of despair and broken fragments of memories of what once was.
© Copyright 2023 Crystal Dragon (UN: chantellemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Crystal Dragon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046863-Fragments-1999