*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047704-Not-a-Very-Good-Earlier-Today
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1047704 added April 6, 2023 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
Not a Very Good Earlier Today
Not a Very Good Earlier Today


I didn’t get very far in my Water Wars scriptwriting project earlier today at work. Just over the first hour, I had work to do at work. As a result, I lost that hour-plus when it comes to my writing. It doesn’t look like it made much of a difference, though. True, it slowed me down during that time, but that wasn’t the only reason why I got so little writing done on this project.

It took me almost halfway through my shift to get the setup done for Part One of this Movie Introduction. True, that included almost an hour for my first patrol and around five to ten minutes for my hourly camera observations, it still shouldn’t have taken that long to do. Between the first hour and the time it took for my setup, that’s the reason why I only got seven-two single sentences written for this project earlier today.

Seventy-two single sentences aren’t too bad. It meant that I got all of the Act Breakdown done, and the first two Acts of my Story Outline written aka the Teaser Act and Act One. If that was done at the beginning of my shift instead of the second half of it, I probably would have gotten all of the Story Outline written. Probably wouldn’t have gotten the single sentence Scene Outline started, though.

If I did get the Scene Outline started, I probably wouldn’t have gotten too far with it. The twenty Teaser Act scenes would have probably been it if I even got that many. As a result, whenever I started writing these single sentences, I wouldn’t have gotten this Part One done earlier today. So, my hour-plus delay in starting didn’t really hurt me that much.

What does that mean for this scriptwriting project? it means that I won’t be getting my single sentences for these first six episodes done this week. If I could have gotten Part One today and Part Two tomorrow, I may have been able to do Episode One and Episode Two on Saturday, and Episode Three and Episode Four on Sunday. I will be lucky if five of them are written by the end of the week now.

Tomorrow, I will finish up with the Story Outline and the Scene Outline for Part One of this Movie Introduction. Then I will start on Part Two. Probably won’t get any writing done on it, though. At least not the single sentences. If I’m lucky, I may get the setup finished for Part Two.

A lot of how much writing I get done tomorrow and this weekend depends on how bad it gets at work. If it continues the way that it has been lately those multiple sentences and paragraphs may be a thing of the past. I will still get my writing done, but it’s going to take a lot longer to do. I’m not going to write it will take twice as long, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047704-Not-a-Very-Good-Earlier-Today