*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047766-A-Slight-Problem-That-Turned-Out-Great
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1047766 added April 7, 2023 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
A Slight Problem That Turned Out Great
A Slight Problem
That Turned Out Great


Thought that I had a big problem when I started writing the single sentences for Part One of my Scene Outline for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. I noticed that there was only one scene between the end of Act Two and the beginning of Act Three. Don’t like that. There should be at least two scenes before I have another one with the same character.

It didn’t take me too long to figure out how to solve this slight problem. All I had to do was start and end each Act with a single character. I have been only with the Teaser Acts and Tag Acts, but of the four main Acts there have been two at both the beginning and the end of each of these Acts. At least that’s the way it was until now.

It’s true, still had a slight problem. I knew there was going to be a four-scene response, but I didn’t know where to put it. Thought it would be on both sides of the middle three-scene response, but that didn’t work out with the fives and tens scene numbers. That changed the sides between the three main characters and the three secondary characters.

I didn’t like that. Was going to try the second three-scene response to turn these into a four-scene response. That didn’t work either. There was one other choice, and that was the first set of three scenes. This is the reason for the blog title of this blog entry. That choice worked even better than I thought it would. I still had one more slight problem that I wanted to try to correct if I could.

This new correction to the three main characters made it slightly awkward for the secondary characters. The first character in particular. Before it was scenes three, sixteen, twenty-four, and thirty-three for this character. Now it was going to be scenes two, sixteen, twenty-four, and thirty-four. That didn’t look too good to me. I solved that by making a four-scene response in the Teaser Act and the Tag Act.

Right in the middle of these Acts. That meant that instead of sixteen the scene number could be twelve now. It also means the new scene numbers are two, twelve, twenty-four, and thirty-four. So, in a way, it worked out better for everyone. Now all I need to do is adapt it to my handwriting for this project.

Speaking of my Water Wars scriptwriting project, I only got one hundred and ninety-six single sentences written earlier today at work. That leaves twenty more to write, aka the Tag Act, to write before I end Part One of the Movie Introduction for this series. What does that mean for the rest of these first six episodes? It means I will be lucky if I get the first three done this weekend. That also means I won’t get the last three done until next weekend probably.

Did my thinking about my slight problem stop me from getting Part One finished earlier today? It did slow me down a little bit thinking about this problem, but I don’t think it slowed me down that much. If it slowed me down at all. I still don’t think I would have gotten this final Act Written today.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047766-A-Slight-Problem-That-Turned-Out-Great