*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047987-Death-by-Dumpling-by-Vivien-Chien
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #2289858
Reviews for Books Read
#1047987 added April 10, 2023 at 9:49pm
Restrictions: None
Death by Dumpling by Vivien Chien
Death by Dumpling, first in a series by Vivien Chien
Part of a 9 book Series: A Noodle Shop Mystery series

Published March 27, 2018. ISBN # 978-1250129154

Our main character, Lana Lee, ended up back at her mom and dad's Chinese restaurant after a major break-up with a cheating boyfriend, and a dramatic walk-out from her workplace. She needed to keep up with her bills, so back to work with mom and dad.

The owner of the plaza where their restaurant is located, ended up dying due to an allergic reaction to shrimp filled dumplings. Turns out of instead of it being an accident, it ends up being foul play. There are several interesting characters, each with their own secrets, and a few twists and turns before the killer is revealed.

I read it in an afternoon, and it was pretty fast-paced, and held my attention. The paperback is only 300 pages long, so anyone could read it in a short amount of time. I like mysteries, and "who dunnit"s so this was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon. At the end of the book, there is a teaser chapter for the next book in the series.

I give it a 5 *Star* rating. I would recommend it to anyone, and now I am curious about the rest of the collection.



signature updated by lili_in_fl
© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047987-Death-by-Dumpling-by-Vivien-Chien