*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048058-Traveloge
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1048058 added April 12, 2023 at 10:08am
Restrictions: None
Traveloge
"The best road trip or vacation you've ever taken." prompt from BCoF

BCOF Insignia signature dancing owl


Road trips and vacations are something I never take. For now, I have a lot of pets. No one would take care of them. And I would miss them if I went somewhere. They get upset even if I go to the grocery store.

Anyway, we used to camp with horses in Texas. We kept our horses in an Airforce Base Stable. One weekend the stable governors organized a trail ride complete with a trail boss. It was a true adventure. We rode 50 miles out to camp on a lake.

We means my first husband and I,

When we did this, there were people who drove the cars, and this particular time, we took a boat, because the campsite was on a lake. We cooked on campfires and we water skied with the boat. It was the only time I ever water skied.

Plus, the lake had a bottom that graduated downhill, so we could walk the horses out and then swim them in the lake. At a certain depth (riding bareback) I could slide backwards on the horse, grab the end of his tail, which was floating straight out behind him, and he would turn and swim back into the shallows. At that time, my horse was a Tennessee walker paint, 16 hands. A very gentle soul.

After the 50-mile ride back home. I gave our horses two days off in stable and paddock, complete with baths and grooming for shine. They worked hard that weekend and deserved a rest. I don't know exactly dates for this time in my life sometime in the late 1960's. My life was different then.

Merit Badge in Fancy
[Click For More Info]

To a very deserving,fancy member of the WDC community.




© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048058-Traveloge