*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048063-Hal-le-lu-Yah
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1048063 added April 12, 2023 at 11:49am
Restrictions: None
Hal le lu Yah
Prompt: That's the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet. Write about this in your Blog entry today.

BCOF Insignia This book is a Hoot!


I used to play classical guitar. I stopped for a while then a few months ago I decided to resume playing. I had to do some retraining of my fingers. It is turning out to be a good thing to be doing. when I play, my pet family all sit around and listen. so, if I miss a few notes or fret a chord improperly the audience doesn't seem to notice.

Over Easter I was looking at music books for classical guitar on Amazon and found, "The Davidic Cipher" by Dennis McCorkle. This is a new learning experience for me. It is about the musical importance of the psalms. It traveled me to a new dimension.

My grandfather, my mother's father, sent my brother and I New Testaments, with the psalms included, when we were young children. We lived in Pa. he lived in Florida. I read the psalms long before I understood that they were musical, and long before I ever read the Old Testament. Now, I am always happy when I can find recordings of the psalms being sung by a choir or person on CD.

So, this book about the historical side of the Psalms is very interesting. It shows a side of the temple worship in Israel. It also evaluates the historical movement of music down through a lot of ages and different cultures. The build and use of different musical instruments are explained. Tunings and chords have a special relevance in this book.

I took a music theory class in a small bible college in the 1980's. This is an addition to knowledge acquired in years passed. As long as we are on the earth we should be adding to the knowledge of our youth.

People who can write what they learn; so others can read it and share learning are special.



This song will grab you with its sound and its lyrics. It has been around for a long time. It has a meaning that should be understood by anyone listening.

Hal le Lu YAH. We sing YAH!


Anyone who believes in one GOD will understand. This is my Easter blessing which I share with you.

© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048063-Hal-le-lu-Yah