*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048088-News-Media-P30
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1048088 added April 13, 2023 at 4:01pm
Restrictions: None
News Media-P:30
P:30: Are news outlets bias? Newspapers/radio/TV/etc. How can you tell if you are being manipulated?

Merit Badge in The Blogging Banana Bar
[Click For More Info]

    Congratulations & Thank You   

  from       Andre      

For competing the full four weeks of the Non-Judgmental Blogging Event in January 2023. 

Please show your badge when entering the Banana Bar and join others in the  Banana Bloggers' Lounge .

 Your blogging is always welcome at  [Link To Item #1985857] .  owl for signature use

Even though, I never worked as a professional Journalist, I graduated from the school of Journalism at Edinboro State University in Edinboro, Pennsylvania. I even earned good grades in classes.

I have to say one of the things discussed in a class was the dependency Journalism outlets have on advertising to be able to exist. It may cause an outlet to be careful what they say to the public about a given story.

Consider the stories of guns and gun control in the USA. When I did some minor research on this subject, I found that the NRA, which is often in the news. is not necessarily the largest progun organization in the USA. Yet it is often the one quoted in a news release. It is also the only one that ever sent into my home an advertisement for membership. If these organizations pour money into the media, is it not a fact, that the media may treat them favorably in stories.

TV stories disturb me because, although you get news it is often not Indepth. Once I checked out stories of fires in California on the three major channels ABC, NBC, and CBS. All three channels reported deaths. Each channel talked about a different amount of people who had died in the fires. Nor did any channel say this is the estimate at this time or indicated any given count by any given establishment. And once even different ways in which the fires had started. When I see a story I want to know facts more than that it just happened.

You can still ask yourself who, what, why when and where to look into the facts of any given story. Or if you are really into it call the news media in question and talk to a real reporter. Look at the real facts. Check the same story in a more than one type of media. Some news agents are more trustworthy than other news agents.

I like PBS. They stick to facts and delve into particulars of stories. They call in experts in special fields to interview on camera. People with Doctorates in a field of study often have a grasp of the news about a special happening because they are in touch with up-to-date information in their field of study. Experts being interviewed on camera may have different sides of a situation in the news. Get both the pros and cons of a story.

For instance, I have looked at pictures supposedly of aliens. So far none of them are exactly unexplainable. Besides, if the world ever can send one of our own vessels to another world is it going to be just to fly around the sky and not make contact?

Also look at the time element. I read a headline today that the tomb of Jesus had just been opened for the first time in??? years. I saw that tomb opened by a group of men several years ago 3 to 10 years ago. Sorry I'm not sure of year. The story I saw actually followed the men into the tomb. So, the headline was misleading.

You have a certain amount of time in your life. You should not waste it on misleading stories. Unless you are just reading for entertainment.

Just my opinion. Have a spring day.














apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048088-News-Media-P30