*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048092-What-Season-is-It-WC-261-R---E
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1048092 added April 12, 2023 at 6:36pm
Restrictions: None
What Season is It? (WC 261, R - E)
The Ides of April are almost upon us which means I need to get my butt moving or I'll run out of time.

I've been busy, with spring finally arriving for a day or two before summer set in. Hey, this is Minnesota, a couple of spring days is typical! Yes, it went from barely reaching a temperature high enough to thaw to mid and upper-thirties for a couple of days. But, the temperature over the last few days has been in the sixties.

With all the snow and ice we had, this has resulted in vast amounts of flowing water, muck, and mud. I have been shoveling snow, chipping away at the ice, and playing in the mud contouring the driveway so the water will flow away instead of standing and making more mud.

Now that I've made progress in ridding areas of snow, ice, and have a lot of the drive dried out and solid, we have the return of spring predicted for Friday, with highs in the mid-forties with rain. Then on Saturday, winter returns with highs near thirty and snow!

Sunday's forecast is for me to start this process all over again, but this time around it should be easier and quicker. My older teen claims that Minnesota is bipolar, but I corrected her. With spring, summer, and winter all within three days, I think the state is tripolar. On the bright side, at least we haven't had autumn tossed into the mix again.


A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048092-What-Season-is-It-WC-261-R---E