*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048374-Think-ketchup
by NelY
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2292262
... where my muse goes for 2023 ...
#1048374 added April 18, 2023 at 4:58am
Restrictions: None
Think ketchup.
I possess the ability to inscribe nearly anything with the aid of any object, and my mind wandered to the concept of tomato ketchup. They possess an inherent versatility that seamlessly complements any dish I endeavour to prepare. To be perfectly candid, I must confess that I would caution anyone who dares partake of my culinary creations to do so at their own peril. However, it never fails to amaze me how often my guests, long before they have even sampled a morsel of my cooking, inquire, "Pray tell, where might I find the ketchup?" And on occasion, it would manifest as, "As a culinary artist, how come you do not possess any ketchup?" or "Which kitchen in the world doesn't have ketchup?" It's a question that has been on my mind for quite some time. The ubiquitous condiment seems to have infiltrated every corner of the globe, from the bustling streets of Tokyo to the quiet countryside of Norway. And yet, despite its popularity, I can't help but wonder if there's something more to this crimson sauce than meets the eye. Perhaps it holds some deeper meaning, some hidden significance that we have yet to uncover. They don't dislike the flavour of my food, yet it is ridiculous to assume such things before even tasting it. As a writer, I find that I require certain condiments, such as ketchup, to add flavour and depth to my prose and musings. It's akin to preemptively informing them, without the need for inquiry, "Behold, the ketchup." "Oh, OK!" Now, let us proceed and savour the remainder.

© Copyright 2023 NelY (UN: nely at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NelY has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048374-Think-ketchup