*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048516-Social-Media-or-The-Good-Bad-and-Ugly-WC-257--R-E
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1048516 added April 20, 2023 at 4:24pm
Restrictions: None
Social Media (or The Good, Bad, and Ugly) [WC 257 R-E]
P2. Social Media - Good or Bad (opinion)? Should it be or can it be controlled?

Let's break this down. Good or bad? Yes! Should it be controlled: No. Can it be controlled? It would not be easy, but yes, it can.

Now, let's expand on this. Social Media in itself is neither good nor bad, but the people using it are. What I mean is, like with anything, how it's used may be good or bad, depending on who's using it and for what purpose.

It's terrific for keeping in contact with friends and family, it's useful for information, and it's a great way to interact and meet new people. But, it is also a great way to spread gossip, rumors, and slander people. It's also a base for bullying and prejudice, and some of the information is false, misleading, and sometimes even dangerous.

With this in mind, one would think controlling social media would be a good thing, then. But, who's going to set the standards, and would they be fair? Any kind of control could easily be turned into full censorship and a loss of our rights. If those who are in control hold different ideals, opinions, and beliefs, would they promote only their own? That's the risk we have to take because I do believe there should be some controls set and enforced. Without them, I fear, the bad would soon smother the good and social media would turn very ugly.



A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048516-Social-Media-or-The-Good-Bad-and-Ugly-WC-257--R-E