*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048472-Looking-Back-WC-275-R-E
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1048472 added April 19, 2023 at 8:37pm
Restrictions: None
Looking Back (WC 275, R-E)
P21. When did you last go re-read items you wrote over two years ago? Go read one now and tell us about what you thought of your writing from back then as compared to now.

Whenever I get a review of an item, newer or older, I read the item before I read the review. It helps me to know what the reviewer is saying and refreshes my memory of that particular item.

I also pick out items to share with family or friends if something in conversation triggers my memory. Quite recently, one of my children needed to write a poem for school and was having some problems coming up with content. I shared a few of my poems to help generate ideas and to provide some insight into how I write poetry. She soon had a rough draft and ended up with a very nice poem.

As for the second part of this prompt, "What do I think of my older writing?"

Not much has changed in my writing from then to now except back then I was writing and now I don't get much written. I enjoy reading past items and am reminded that I need to do editing. I have a lot of great material but it all needs to be edited and I'm not good at editing.

I know, I will never get better at it if I don't do it. One of these days... Or, maybe I should hire an editor and stick to writing the stuff and letting someone who knows edit them. Any takers?

A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048472-Looking-Back-WC-275-R-E