*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048588-To-Shield-The-Queen-by-Fiona-Buckley-2nd-entry-for-July
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #2289858
Reviews for Books Read
#1048588 added April 22, 2023 at 1:10am
Restrictions: None
To Shield The Queen by Fiona Buckley (2nd entry for July)
To Shield the Queen by Fiona Buckley

Published April 4, 2006

ISBN# 978-0743489072 ; 324 pages

Fiona Buckley lives in North Surrey, England, and is the author of 8 historical mystery novels.

This book is set in Elizabethan England, just before and around the time of the death of Amy Robsart Dudley (September 8, 1560). She was the wife of Robin (Robert) Dudley, who was a favorite of Queen Elizabeth I, and thought to be her lover.

The main character in this story centers around a widowed lady named Ursula Blanchard. She becomes a Lady of the Presence Chamber and afterwards, she is commissioned by Elizabeth to watch over and care for Lady Dudley, as there are rumors that her husband wants to kill her in order to marry the Queen. There are plots and twists galore, and Ursula is compelled to trust in her own instincts, as she feels that she cannot trust anyone else. The ending of the tale of Lady Dudley isn't a surprise, but Ursula finds herself in the hands of the Queen who alone determines her fate.

The book is quick paced, and riveting, in my opinion. I am a fan of this time period, and the book held my attention. The historical figures in this book I am familiar with, and adds to the enjoyment of this work.

It was an easy read, and I give it 5 *Star* rating for its content and in recommending it to others to read.




signature updated by lili_in_fl
© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048588-To-Shield-The-Queen-by-Fiona-Buckley-2nd-entry-for-July