*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048876-TUYC---David-and-Goliath
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1048876 added April 27, 2023 at 12:51pm
Restrictions: None
TUYC - David and Goliath
prayer prompt
Pray for England and the coronation of King Charles.

blog prompt
What lessons can we learn from the story of David and Goliath?





I pray that King Charles will have a successful reign, and that he will be able to be a good person and lead by example, even after all of the foolishness of the past. I pray for healing within his family and reconciliation.

David and Goliath - 1 Samuel 17

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Samuel%2017&version=NIV


To me, this is a classic bullying story. Goliath is a HUGE man with a chip on his shoulder. Everyone looked at him and was afraid. He basically held the army of Israel hostage with his bullying tactics for 40 days. When David went to give supplies to his brothers, he was rebuked and told he only wanted to see the battle. David basically said "what battle?" I only see a man taunting the army, and mocking the king and God.

David didn't look at the size of the man so much as he put his trust in the Lord. He told Saul that he would fight the man. The armor Saul gave him was too big, so David went out with his sling and found some stones.


45 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”

This story is a lesson for us. If we serve the Lord God, we need not be afraid of any "Goliath" that is in our path. It is a good reminder for me.




signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048876-TUYC---David-and-Goliath