*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048986-TUYC---The-Bible-on-Wars
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1048986 added April 29, 2023 at 1:07pm
Restrictions: None
TUYC - The Bible on Wars
prayer prompt
Pray for your country's soldiers.

blog prompt
Does the Bible tell us why there are wars? Explain.




https://www.openbible.info/topics/war

There is a surprising amount of scripture that deals with the subject of war - in both the OT and the NT.

The definition of war:
noun
a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.


War doesn't have to be between nations, like the story of David and Goliath; or WWI or WWII. It can be between regions within a country; such as the Civil War (War between the States). It can even be among neighbors (Hatfields and McCoys)

It is armed, and there are casualties on both sides. There is also a conflict that seemingly cannot be resolved without violence.

Even when Israel was coming out of Egypt, and after a time, came to what is known as the "Promised Land", God had them drive out those that were living there; He meant that they were to be destroyed so that there would be no corrupting influence on the worship of the people. In today's thinking, that seems harsh - even evil. I cannot speak to it, as I have to take this as part of faith. Unbelief in itself is corrupting, and takes a person away from his/her/their Creator.

This is a controversial issue. War just seems like a waste - of resources and of people on both sides.

I believe the first war originated between the Angel of Light (Lucifer) and God. He wanted to be like the Most High. He was able to corrupt 1/3 of the angels into following him, and they were cast down.

Rev. 12:7-9 describes this.

I believe wars sometimes have to happen, but I don't believe they were in the original plan. When sin entered the world, war was just one of the causations.

This is just my opinion.




signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048986-TUYC---The-Bible-on-Wars