*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049153-Feeling-good-and-doing-better
by cenvil
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #2294440
A place to write down my thoughts and experience while learning about life and writing.
#1049153 added May 3, 2023 at 9:22am
Restrictions: None
Feeling good and doing better!
Hey guys,
Been a while since I wrote here.
Main reason being that I was busy with something else and I wanted to have a good thought about the story I'm writing.

Though I try not to pressure myself into constantly writing and coming up with the most amazing story ever created, I do have some bar I don't want to dive under. For me worldbuilding is pretty big. Character backgrounds are a big part of what makes a story relatable for me.
And one of the best things in story is when the reader or viewer is at the same level of world knowledge as the MC.

For me that is probably also the main reason why reincarnated in another world stories are so interesting to me.
You together with the MC have no clue about the world their in and together you star to learn about it.

One really good example is a game called Horizon Zero Dawn.
Its a game where the MC (Aloy) appears in this world and is raised by guy who because a sort of father to her.
She has no clue about the big bad world except her little corner of a small area of the far bigger world.
You start the game together with her not knowing anything and through her story you learn more and more about the world.

One of my biggest issues with certain stories is that the MC knows way more about the world then we readers/viewers do.
Because of that things need to be explained. This often makes the explanation really awkward and people are dumbed down just so the author can explain something.
This pulls me out of the story and that is pretty sad as some worlds are really interesting.
Using children or moments where another character really has no idea about something works pretty well but has to be believable to work.

Well anyway, that is basically the reason I haven't written down anything yet.
I'm struggling with how to tell the story.
At first my idea was to just write down sort of a life story of the MC. That would mean going from child to whenever the story ends.
But as I started thinking about it AND reading some really good feedback for people, I came to the conclusion that , IF I wanted to make it readable and interesting, I had to break up things I was going to explain early on.

So, while I have been quite for the last few days I have been trying to work out in my mind how I would believably explain certain aspects of the world and, for instance, the mechanics of magic. I don't want to just throw around flashbacks everywhere but also don't want everything to be explained while it isn't something that matters to the story (yet).
Like I said above, I want to explore the world together with the MC but starting slow and explaining everything at the start isn't really enticing is it?

So for that reason I have been trying to come up with a rough timeline of events.
With those events I can plan a route the MC follows from 1 arc to the next and try to fill in the blanks.
While doing that I want to think of moments that make for a logical moment to explain certain things and if those would be flashbacks or just explanations is to be seen.

If you have experience with this or any tips or tricks I could use to (not to complicated please) work a bit easier, that would be much appreciated.

Anyways, apart from the above I am also working on a solo Psy-Trance track that I want to make to broaden my perspective on music production. Maybe even combining elements later on when I produce my favorite style, Uplifting Trance.

And while I have some free time I also play Final Fantasy 14.
Where I also push my own limits of introvertness by talking to other people, helping random players I see being stuck.
Not something I would have done a year ago :)
So things are looking good.
Better yet, I have been feeling really good in general.

I have a bit to much weight on me and recently been trying to stop snacking throughout the day. Even started intermitted fasting.
Normally this would just be 8/16 (meaning an 8 hour window where I can eat and 16 where I can't touch any calorie) but when you are busy writing, gaming and producing this, for me, often moves to a 4/20 XD

Apart from what you might think about it, it's not so much a diet to me but more to stop me from snacking all day. And it is working.
everyday I feel less and less the urge to get something to snack on. Even better yet, I am a big chocolate fan and can eat a lot of that stuff.
But when I start at 1 piece I could hardly stop myself.
These days eating chocolate is still possible but I don't feel the urge to keep getting more and keep eating.

Big win for me ^_^

Anyways that's it for today.

Hope you guys are ready for summer, The temps are going up, more sunshine and more time outside in nature.

Have a good one and till next entry!

© Copyright 2023 cenvil (UN: cenvil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
cenvil has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049153-Feeling-good-and-doing-better