*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049506-Five-and-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1049506 added May 11, 2023 at 11:43pm
Restrictions: None
Five and One
Five and One


Earlier today, I almost finished Act three of Part One for the Movie Introduction for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. I missed it by three single paragraphs. What does that mean for how much writing that I got written earlier today? it means that I got twenty-three single paragraphs written today at work.

Twenty-three single paragraphs mean I got five more than I did last Thursday and one more than Friday. For a weekday, twenty-three single paragraphs may not be read a lot, but it is. If it were the weekend, it probably wouldn’t be as good, but for a weekday it’s very good. At least I think that it is.

Will I do that well tomorrow? After all, it’s another weekday aka Friday. last Friday, I got twenty-two single paragraphs written. There is no reason why I shouldn’t get at least that many written tomorrow. If not a little bit more than that. I did it last Friday with four more than Thursday.

I would like to get a whole lot more than twenty-two single paragraphs for this Scene Outline, but I’m not going to count on it until it happens. Twenty-two is very well for about six hours of writing time. It’s probably closer to five and a half hours, but that differs depending on how much work I need to do at work.

It takes me about forty-five minutes, give or take a little, to do my first patrol and about twenty to twenty-five minutes for my second patrol. Another thirty minutes at the end of the day to do my paperwork for work. Each hour it takes me five to ten minutes to check out the eleven or twelve cameras full screen.

Put that all together and it takes me one and a half hours to two hours to do my job at work. That leaves me about five and a half hours to six hours to write. So, twenty-three single paragraphs aren’t that bad with so little time to write. At least that’s the way that I feel. Other scriptwriters might disagree with that.

The weekend is a little bit different because I have one extra patrol that takes about twenty to twenty-five minutes to do too. I also have about five more hours to do my writing. About four and a half because my replacement comes in about a half hour before his shift. He doesn’t start work then, but he’s there.

With about four and a half hours on the weekend, that’s why getting about forty single paragraphs is well. Of course, like the weekdays, I would like to get a little bit more than twenty-three and forty, but if I can get close to these numbers when it comes to single paragraphs I will be happy.







© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049506-Five-and-One