*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049656-Lies-All-Around-us
Rated: E · Book · Cultural · #2287156
poems for Poetry Place
#1049656 added May 16, 2023 at 12:46am
Restrictions: None
Lies All Around us


Lies all around Us


George Santos
Liar in chief
Lies all the time

Just because
He thinks
The truth
In the post-truth world
No longer matters

Perhaps he is right
So many lies
All around us

Turning on the TV
Talking heads
Spin masters
Spinning away the day

Nothing is real
It is all deep fake
Controlled by AI machines
And soulless corporations

The media laughing
As we all become
Their slaves.


Theme is the glue that bonds a poem into a cohesive unit, the overriding impression which links individual specifics with universal consciousness.

It is different from the subject. If the subject of a poem is "trees," the theme will depend on how those trees are presented. Are they covered with vibrant green buds to represent the awakening of life in springtime, blanketed with blazing autumn colors to reflect the changing seasons, or barren winter skeletons, perhaps as a metaphor for death? A few examples of different types of themes can be found in the following link: https://www.practicalcreativewriting.com/what-is-a-theme/examples-of-themes/ .

The theme of a poem may be stated explicitly in some cases, but more often it is woven intrinsically into the fabric of the composition. The poet may begin with a specific theme in mind, as Edgar Allan Poe explained in his treatise The Philosophy of Composition , or it may eventually emerge from the treatment of its subject matter during the process of composition. In the latter case, that core abstract concept will become the basis for sharpening focus in subsequent revisions to enhance the readers' aesthetic experience.

Assignment: Select specific details (factual or fictional) and appropriate language for the circumstances to compose a poem expressing your attitude about the human condition, individually or collectively.

Let the creativity flow from your soul!
© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (UN: jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JCosmos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049656-Lies-All-Around-us