*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050115-Flowers----Brevity
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1050115 added May 26, 2023 at 11:20am
Restrictions: None
Flowers -- Brevity
Flowers

Prompt: There are a lot of unofficial Holidays in May. Water a Flower Day. Write about flowers for your Blog entry today.


----------

"Water a flower Day" How interesting! Let alone flowers, I might even forget to water my house plants. Although, so far so good, I haven't forgotten them and neither did I forget to water the plants in a corner of the porch. Sometimes, I get too busy to remember the few roses outside, which I put in, not realizing that they belong to a different climate and that they need watering more than once a day around where I live

Flowers, especially roses, come in so many different colors, shapes, and sizes, and they always bring a smile to my face. Then, looking at a field of wildflowers or a beautiful bouquet sitting in a vase, something about them, makes life a little brighter.

Flowers are perfect for almost any occasion: birthdays, mother's day, weddings, holidays and even funerals. They make excellent decorations, but unfortunately they don't last forever. But then, no good thing ever does.


*Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart*



Brevity

Prompt from The Art of Brevity by Grant Faulkner

One of the most erotic moments of my youth was when a boy's knee touched mine. Brevity is about the tiniest of moments, the fleeting. That is when life opens with either hope or expectation. Consider this was the moment sensuous or something changed in that moment. Now, think about it as the author who isn't dominating or ruling the story but actually feeling it come to life on the page. Use this as your inspiration today. Have fun!


-----------

The funny thing is, this prompt is longer than what just came to my mind when I first read it. I am guessing this is all about interpersonal effectiveness and connection rather than words.

Assuming that the owner of the quote was a teen, he is in the learning stage of recognizing short, non-verbal clues. In this case, it might also be that there was no message in the touch and it was pure accident, but it opened the receiver's eyes to a possibility inside himself, making him aware of his own potential. Sometimes, non-verbal messages add to our words. At other times, they do nothing but distract. Since this quote has all the hints of something sexual, it is bound to attract notice.

On the other hand, I found it to be honest, down-to-earth, and not intentionally deceptive. It is just what it is. Something non-verbal with brevity. Whether it is communication or not is left to the reader's understanding.

Although people may send non-verbal messages deliberately or accidentally, their meaning depends on how they are interpreted by the receiver. Then, an action such as this one, a facial expression, a bodily movement, voice, tone, or touch, may effect the ability to use and interpret nonverbal behavior and cues in interpersonal give-and-take.

And yes, I guess this could be the opening of a story about a teen, but as an aged writer, I have no intention of writing stories from the viewpoint of a teen for those years I have left far behind, and I have no intention of reliving them. *Rolling*




© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050115-Flowers----Brevity