*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050143-Elevator-Ride
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1050143 added May 27, 2023 at 10:50am
Restrictions: None
Elevator Ride

Prompt: When the elevator opened.... have fun!

=============

When the elevator opened its doors with a soft ding, revealing a darkened interior, the office worker Gina stepped forward, her footsteps echoing in the silence of the hallway as she entered the elevator. She was feeling sad today as she mused over her existence. There was nothing colorful and exciting in her mundane everyday life.

She pressed a button and leaned against the wall, grateful for the brief respite from the demands of her busy life. As the elevator began its ascent, Gina's tired eyes caught a glimmer of light just inside the closed elevator door. She reached out and took the delicate, intricately designed key lying on the floor.

The key shone on her palm, as if it were a lamp itself. It seemed to radiate an energy that resonated deep within her, causing a sudden surge of excitement for a mysterious adventure, the likes of which she had only read about or imagined.

As if guided by an invisible force, Gina's eyes caught the sight of a small, hidden keyhole nestled discreetly beside the elevator buttons. Without thinking, she inserted the key into a it.

A compartment opened with an audible click, while a soft humming filled the air. The elevator's interior trembled as it itself transformed with a golden glow that emanated from the walls that were suddenly adorned with ornate patterns.

Then, the doors opened once again, and Gina gasped. Gone was the elevator and her familiar office building; instead, she found herself standing on a lush, green meadow with the air perfumed by the scent of wildflowers.

Gina took several steps on the meadow, hoping to leave behind the worries of her ordinary life. As she walked, she came across several mythical creatures: A unicorn grazing peacefully, a wise owl wearing eyeglasses as it perched on a branch, and beautiful fairies and mischievous imps playing and flitting between the flowers. She joined them, as she skipped and danced with the butterflies and sang with the birds. Inside the enchantment of this hidden world, time seemed to stand still.

If only for a while... until she found herself again in the dull, drab elevator.

Yet, when its doors opened unto her floor, she emerged, her heart brimming with a newfound appreciation for the wonders she had just experienced. Though her office building with its seemingly ordinary façade and her cluttered desk on the fourth floor were as they always had been, she now had the memories of an extraordinary journey that showed her the beauty and adventure even within the most mundane of places or days.






© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050143-Elevator-Ride