*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050476-Pole-Vault
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1050476 added June 3, 2023 at 9:03am
Restrictions: None
Pole Vault
For "Journalistic Intentions [18+]...

Pole Vault


It's important to store your poles securely and safely. Be sure to build extra-thick steel and concrete walls, and a biometric lock on the door that only works for your thumbprint. Of course, that's just begging someone to amputate your thumb to get at the valuable poles inside.

Oh, wait. Sorry. Pole vault. You know, just in case Russia invades Poland next, you have to be sure to build vast, arched, underground chambers to protect the population. Best to secure them against nukes.

Not that, either? Damn. Well, I suppose it would be easier to build a vault in Antarctica, where the pole is at least on dry (if ice-covered) land, than it would be to build one under the Arctic Sea. But the Arctic Sea one would be more accessible to survivors after the zombie apocalypse, assuming it affects everyone in the world roughly equally.

Or, you know, after the inevitable workers' re-vault.

© Copyright 2023 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050476-Pole-Vault