*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050559-Revisited-Im-in-Hell
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1050559 added June 4, 2023 at 9:28am
Restrictions: None
Revisited: "I'm in Hell."
As per usual for Sundays, I picked an old blog entry at random to comment on.

This one's from 2009, and it's just a short personal update: "I'm in Hell.

Last night, my wife went willingly to a Katy Perry concert.

Apparently, I was still married in April of 2009. I never can remember when we separated. I think it was a couple of months later, but I don't care enough to chase that down.

You know, the "I kissed a girl" chick?

I didn't actually hate Katy Perry. Nowadays, I actually kinda respect her. Not the music, just her. What I despised, and still do, is fads.

Wait, it gets worse:

Apparently, the concert is part of the...

Hello Katy tour.


The context here is that I used to have this shtick about hating Hello Kitty, and juxtaposing a vapid-sounding pop singer with the nefarious neko would have been enough to clue readers at the time that I was, indeed, in hell.

If you need me, I'll be over there in that room with all the cushions on the wall.

Yeah, I shouldn't have made light of mental illness, but I did, and still do, a lot of things I shouldn't.

© Copyright 2023 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050559-Revisited-Im-in-Hell