*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050879-A-Slightly-Better-Friday
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1050879 added June 9, 2023 at 11:34pm
Restrictions: None
A Slightly Better Friday
A Slightly Better Friday


Six more single paragraphs is better than what I did on Thursday. That’s right. I wrote twenty-six single paragraphs earlier today at work. I’m still not sure how I did that many, but I did them. That’s all that counts. At least that’s what I think. It could have been a lot worse. Like it was yesterday. Even though yesterday wasn’t that bad either for a weekday.

I got so much written in the last couple of days because I was writing Act Two of my second episode, Not Hiding in Darkness. Act Twos and Act Fours are at the middle of the episode and the end of one. They are usually more action-oriented than Act Ones and Act Threes. Act Ones and Act Threes are somewhat Action oriented, but not as much as Act Twos and Fours.

Act Twos and Act Fours seem to be a lot easier for me to write. It must be the Action/Adventure genre in me. These Acts don’t take as much time or effort for me to write them. I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s because I like the Action/Adventure genre almost as much as I like the Science Fiction genre. My Water Wars scriptwriting project is a good example of that.

I’m not sure where I left off earlier today at work on Act Three, but I think I still have about half of what is left to write. I know I have thirty-seven in Act Four. Which includes the two Establishing Shots. Twenty-two for the Tag Act. These two Acts equal fifty-nine. Including what is left of Act Three I think I have about seventy-six more single paragraphs to write.

If that’s true about the seventy-six, then it will be like last weekend. I will finish writing the Scene Outline for this second episode about halfway through my shift on Sunday. As soon as I get finished with it, I will start writing the Scene Outline for Episode Three, Floating Weapons. It all depends on how many I can get written tomorrow at work.

I usually get about forty to forty-five single paragraphs written on a Saturday or Sunday. That includes any Establishing Shots that need to be written. If I can do about that many tomorrow during my shift, I should be able to get the remaining done about halfway through my shift on Sunday. It all depends on how many single paragraphs I get written tomorrow at work.

Normally, work isn’t a problem on a Saturday. Except for doing my patrols, the camera watching, and my paperwork, the rest of my shift is available for my writing. I usually get about ten hours to work on my writing, give or take a little. The camera watching and the paperwork take about the same amount of time to do on a Saturday, but my patrols may differ a little bit.

So, the total amount of time for my writing can be as low as nine to ten and a half hours. Nine is kind of low. Maybe nine and a half to ten and a half hours may be a better estimate of how much time I have on the weekends to write. Whatever the length of time is, I still should be able to get forty to forty-five single paragraphs written on those days.







© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050879-A-Slightly-Better-Friday