*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051172-June-born
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1891402
Miscellany
#1051172 added June 18, 2023 at 1:16am
Restrictions: None
June-born
The month of June heralds rainy season or monsoon as it is called in India.
On one such cool day, my grandson Pablo was born on the 7th of June. He was a bundle of joy, quiet and cherubic.

As June-born people are reputed, Pablo grew up to be quite talkative. He was particularly incessant in chatting while in primary school.  Mr. Latimer, his class teacher would stop him from playing with others of his class as punishment. He would often get either a yellow or a red star at the end of his day’s work and never a green one meant for best behaviour.

Born in June was a sister-in-law of mine. As June-borns are wont to do, she was extremely patient. Before her marriage, she devoted her time for family welfare attending to issues of her large family.

After marriage she dealt with her greedy and endlessly chattering husband with great patience. With a fortitude I am proud of, she inspired her husband to stop accepting bribes in his capacity as a revenue officer. She did all of us proud.

My cousin, Pavani is also June-born. Pavani adjusted to demands of life and made her life a tremendous success. With Humility, which is  a dominant feature of a June-born, she got into computer science and graduated with distinction. She worked hard and in later life was highly placed in global concern, first in the UK and now in the US.

With my close experience with those born in June I can vouch for their special qualities, which are positive, vibrant and inspiring.

Word Count: 266
Prompt: June-facts
Written for DWG Flash Fiction Contest hosted by dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG


© Copyright 2023 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051172-June-born