*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051170-Rosa
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1891402
Miscellany
#1051170 added June 18, 2023 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
Rosa
A young couple and their five-year-old daughter, Rosa, crossed the border from Mexico to Los Angeles with difficulty. It’s a rememberable weekend.

They rented a small house. The wife worked hard as a cleaner in rich houses. She was prepared to work hard, so the family could have three square meals a day. She wanted her child to go to school, then to college and later, to get a job standing in equal dignity with others.

The dad was a wastrel. He would indulge in drinking with wife’s money.

One day, mother and daughter walked to the small super market at the corner. The kid skipped alongside her mother.

“Darling, keep this ten dollar note with you. Give it to me when I ask for it,” said mom.
“Ok, mummy,” chirped Rosa, pocketing the money.

A homeless man came across.
“Lady, give some money,” he said. Mom walked on.

Rosa took out the ten dollar note and gave it to him. When the mother asked for the dollars to buy bread, Rosa told her what she did. Mother shed silent tears.

Rosa remembered that weekend incident and realised the need to be careful with money.


Word Count: 196
Prompt: “It is a rememberable weekend”
Written for Monthly Micro-Stories Contest’s Forum hosted by Rupali Goswami.
© Copyright 2023 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051170-Rosa