*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051485-Metamorphosis
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1051485 added June 23, 2023 at 11:24am
Restrictions: None
Metamorphosis
Prompt:
Please, use these words in your entry today: nudnik, nemesis, satiate, bower and embrace. Have fun!.


-------

Once upon a time, in a far far away universe, on a distant planet existed a small village nestled amidst rolling green hills. In that village lived a peculiar nudnik named Owain.

Owain, coming from a broken family and not having much of an education, had developed the uncanny ability of bothering other people who viewed Owain as their everlasting nemesis.

One day, on a sunny afternoon, a traveling sage arrived in the village. The first thing he heard was the villagers' plight about Owain. As this sage had the wisdom and ability to find harmony in any chaotic situation, he decided to take on the challenge of satiating their frustrations.

He found Owain at a playground sabotaging the games of children, there. Instead of scolding Owain, the sage invited him to a small garden with blooming flowers and swaying trees.

In the middle of a bower in the garden, when Owain was about to trample the flowers, he noticed the sage's aura of tranquility and a feeling of wonder in himself he hadn't experienced ever before.

"Owain, I have an offer for you," the sage said. "Instead of living with your own annoyance, why not become a source of joy and inspiration for others?"

Such a radical idea! Owain's eyes widened in surprise.

The sage continued. "I will teach you the art of storytelling. Since you already possess a knack for seeing the mundane aspects of life, you'll be able to transform them into captivating tales. This trick I learned in a place, far away, called, "Writing.com" and I can easily teach what I learned there to you."

Writing.com? Owain hesitated and thought for a moment. Then he became swayed by the sage's aura. Not a bad idea! Whatever this Writing.com is! Despite his self-consciousness about writing and tales, he nodded and whispered, "Yes!"

The sage embraced Owain with an encouraging smile and began to teach him the secrets of crafting enchanting narratives.

It took days, weeks, months for Owain to absorb the teachings. Once he got good at it, he began to wander through the village, engaging with the villagers not as an irritating nudnik but as a captivating storyteller. His tales revolved around their shared experiences and struggles, infusing them with humor and wisdom. The villagers, although initially skeptical, found themselves captivated by his words, and their previous annoyances faded into admiration.

Owain did not stop at storytelling only. His transformation had encouraged a newfound purpose within himself. Inspired by the sage, he started to listen to others' problems and offered support and guidance to them. Eventually, through his kind acts and uplifting stories, Owain became an important person in the village.

The people sang and called his name in excitement. Their excitement was so strong that they pronounced his name as Owen. Maybe the villagers, too, had learned a lesson here about the potential in each person for growth and change. Maybe names grew and changed, too.

And thus, the village existed happily ever after, due to Owen's stories and kindness, eternally etching his name Owain>Owen in the annals of their history and their hearts.



. .

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051485-Metamorphosis