*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051622-Words
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1051622 added June 26, 2023 at 1:42pm
Restrictions: None
Words
Prompt: Words
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world."
Ludwig Eittgenstein
Do you have a way with words and are you sometimes frustrated with them? What are your thoughts on words?

------

To me, words mean "meaning" since only they have the clear capacity to convey meaning. Granted the five senses plus the sixth one have something to do with meaning, but only words can describe the intricate situations and emotions.

Do I have a way with words? I wish! Sometimes, I have to think twice and then again to find the right word to express myself. Yet, I'm never frustrated with words but with myself at my own inability. I love words. If I didn't I wouldn't be writing. And come to think of it, I wouldn't even be speaking.

Without words, our human experience would remain trapped as signals within the confines of our minds. Words are more than mere symbols on a page or utterances spoken in conversation. Moreover, the better our vocabulary is, the more deeply can our thoughts penetrate the issues.

A well-crafted poem, a heartfelt speech, or a touching story can move us, inspire us, and instill a sense of empathy. Words can heal wounds, offer solace, and ignite passion. On the negative side, they can start wars, spread hate, misinformation, cyberbullying and discouragement.

Still, their positive input into our lives is much stronger, as words can bring people together, fostering a sense of belonging and shared understanding. They transfer knowledge through speech, books, and other media, enabling us to preserve history and document scientific discoveries to share insights from diverse fields of study.

The impact of words on our emotional state and social interactions is enormous. They have the power to inform, inspire, and transform. In essence, they hold an immense importance in our lives. If they didn't, would we be so tickled pink when a baby says his first words? Just think about that!






© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051622-Words