*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051647-Two-Transcriptions-Today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1051647 added June 26, 2023 at 11:27pm
Restrictions: None
Two Transcriptions Today
Two Transcriptions Today


Unfortunately, it has been a very typical Monday aka my first day off from work. My brother and I have been busy doing things that needed to be done today most of the day. It’s not a total loss when it comes to my short stories. I did get two transcribed so far today. Unfortunately, that’s the only two I’m going to be able to transcribe today.

The time I had today for the transcription of my handwritten short stories wasn’t just because of my time limitations. It was also because of how I had to transcribe it. I couldn’t just transcribe it the normal way that one does it with both hands on the keyboard. No, I had to do it with only one hand while I held the transcription in the other hand.

I have done it before with two hands but for some reason, I couldn’t do it that way this time. I’m not sure why I couldn’t do it this time. Been thinking about how I may be able to do it, and looking at my laptop screen I may have come up with a way. Don’t know if I can do it or not. Haven’t had much success before, but I will try it again.

What am I trying to write? It’s dictation. I have tried it before without too much success, but I’m going to try it again. What’s the worst that can happen? It doesn’t work again, and I need to go back to the way I was doing it. I’m sure there are other ways for me to get back to the two-handed transcription method, but this is the only one I can think of right now.

Hopefully, dictation will work this time. If not, I may be in trouble. After all, I only have a few days left until the end of this month. I still have five more sections/parts left to transcribe for my WDC Short Story for this month, and ten parts/sections for my Second Short Story. That’s fifteen total sections/parts left to transcribe.

If I continue with only two a day, I won’t make it until the end of the month. I don’t think that’s going to happen. Even if I can’t do dictation, I will either have to find another way to do the two-handed typing or I will have to do it with only one hand. It will go a lot faster with either dictation or two-handed, but I can do it with only one hand too.

It will just take longer to do with the one hand. I may not be as bad as it reads right now. After all, it all depends on how much time I have to work on this transcription in the next two days. I know that my brother and I have something that needs to be done tomorrow morning, but I think the rest of the day I will be able to devote to my transcription of these two short stories.

I’m not sure about Wednesday, though. It used to be that my Wednesdays were more laid back and relaxing before I returned to work Wednesday night for my Thursday morning shift, but lately, it’s been more like the opposite of what it used to be. I think that I can get them both transcribed. I’m just not sure if I can get them created and posted to these contests by then.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051647-Two-Transcriptions-Today