*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051705-Patchouli-the-original-Time-Machine
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2296648
Left-overs piled on hot rice and mixed.
#1051705 added June 28, 2023 at 12:27pm
Restrictions: None
Patchouli... the original Time Machine!
I thought living alone was grand until covid hit. The loneliness did great damage. Now I share a place. In spite of the barriers of language, culture and personality, it's worth it.

Pan does any heavy lifting. We both cook and shop and clean; but, I think he does more. He can't manage money and he doesn't believe in planning, but I do! In many small ways we help each other. Neither of us has any energy. Me due to age; Pan due to meds.


To Sorji (Sara) in "I knew I wouldn't get anything done this weekend. lol "Family. You have a life... and a family. Never underestimate those blessings.

Games and books = a movie? For some reason I thought of the ancient movie "Tron".

We keep rice and coffee in our place at all times... and eggs. So much one can do with rice. We walk to the nearby markets (street vendors, stalls, etc.).

At my age I'm very very careful No lifting for me! I do a mini-workout every day when I'm home and walking is on my checklist. Use it or lose it! I don't know whether I've lost any more weight, but I don't seem to have gained any back... so that's good. "


I was stopped by the plaintive mews of a cat yesterday. She looked like she had babies. She had a collar and was quite friendly. Hope she's there next time I pass by. A real sweetie with startling green eyes.

AI is a real threat or opportunity. It's difficult for people to adjust to rapid change.


To bob county (Muzzy): "Read a bunch of your short entries in your blog "That is perfectly normal... Maybe.. I like the randomness and flow. That said, I think that "Glen Beck is a UFO. poses a serious question and the idea of humans becoming pets isn't too far off base nor too far off time-wise. But pets can and do control their 'masters'. Ask any cat willing to tell the truth."

My Aunt Verna lost her ability to smell when she was around the age I am now. She could only smell onions. I may be going down that road. Since smell and taste are related I wonder whether my ability to tolerate brussel-sprouts and onions has something to do with the loss of certain senses. As for chili spices? They make me cough, sneeze or choke.

I think of my sister and her allergies. We are so alike in many ways other than this.


To Joy (Joy) in "Scents and Smells "Patchouli... the original Time Machine!

We use rose a lot here; The smell of durian will make you run!

But in Montana I love sandalwood and lavender and cook with herbs de Provence.

I'm moody ... so perhaps I'm more affected than most folks.

I don't have the allergies that many complain about."


For June 2023

FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
MAY Villanelle
#981150 by StephBee


Sponsored by Ԝ€ß☆ԜiʈCH and StephBee

~450 words

47

© Copyright 2023 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051705-Patchouli-the-original-Time-Machine