*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051954-A-Walk-Through-Delaware
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2298665
A virtual travel guide to all dedicated hikers
#1051954 added July 1, 2023 at 7:50am
Restrictions: None
A Walk Through Delaware
Delaware, the First State of the US, offers a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. Here's a walking tour itinerary for key places to visit in Delaware. As with the previous example, please remember that distances may be too great to cover only on foot. Make sure to check opening times and any COVID-19 guidelines in advance.

Day 1: Start in Wilmington

Delaware Art Museum: Start your day exploring the pre-Raphaelite, American Illustration, and John Sloan collections.

Brandywine Park: A walk through this park offers lovely views of the Brandywine River, beautiful landscapes, and the Brandywine Zoo.

Riverfront Wilmington: This bustling area is great for dining, shopping, and taking in views of the Christina River.

Day 2: New Castle

New Castle Historic District: Visit this well-preserved colonial area with cobblestone streets and historic buildings, such as the New Castle Court House Museum and Read House & Gardens.

Battery Park: A lovely area to walk along the Delaware River.

Day 3: Dover

The Green: This central square in Dover is surrounded by important buildings like the Old State House and Delaware Public Archives.

Air Mobility Command Museum: A short distance from Dover, this museum showcases vintage military aircraft.

Day 4: Lewes

Historic District Lewes: Explore the quaint shops, eateries, and historic homes in the area.

Zwaanendael Museum: Visit this museum that commemorates Delaware's first European settlement.

Lewes Beach: Enjoy a stroll on the sandy beach and take in the stunning views of Delaware Bay.

Day 5: Rehoboth Beach

Rehoboth Boardwalk: Enjoy the classic beach town experience with shops, restaurants, and gorgeous ocean views.

Delaware Seashore State Park: Spend the rest of the day exploring this stunning coastal park, perfect for hiking, sunbathing, and swimming.

Be sure to indulge in Delaware's culinary highlights on your tour, such as the famous Delaware Chicken and slippery dumplings.

© Copyright 2023 WriterRick (UN: rick12221 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WriterRick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051954-A-Walk-Through-Delaware