*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052010-A-walk-through-Florida
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2298665
A virtual travel guide to all dedicated hikers
#1052010 added July 2, 2023 at 11:00am
Restrictions: None
A walk through Florida
A virtual walk through Florida. Let's start at the top of the state and make our way south.

Jacksonville: Our journey begins in Jacksonville, Florida's most populous city. Located where the St. Johns River meets the Atlantic Ocean, Jacksonville has a variety of neighborhoods offering a blend of city and beach life. Visit the Riverside district for some historical charm or the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens to enjoy vast art collections and beautifully manicured gardens.

St. Augustine: Moving south, our next stop is St. Augustine, the oldest city in the U.S., founded by the Spanish in 1565. Here you can tour the historical Castillo de San Marcos fort, visit the Lightner Museum, and walk the charming cobblestone streets of the old town.

Daytona Beach: Further south is Daytona Beach, famous for the Daytona International Speedway, which hosts the renowned Daytona 500 NASCAR race. The area is also known for its hard-packed beaches, allowing motorized vehicles to drive in certain areas—an activity that’s as unique as it is exhilarating.

Orlando: We'll now move inland to Orlando, home to the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando. This city is filled with thrill and adventure, offering world-class amusement parks and attractions. Don't forget to visit the downtown area for some great shopping and dining.

Tampa & St. Petersburg: Back to the west coast, we visit the Tampa Bay area. Tampa has the historic Ybor City neighborhood, known for its Cuban culture and the Florida Aquarium. Across the bay, St. Petersburg hosts beautiful beaches, the Salvador Dali Museum, and the Sunken Gardens.

Everglades National Park: Heading south, we enter the Everglades National Park, the largest subtropical wilderness in the U.S. It's home to numerous rare and endangered species, such as the American crocodile, Florida panther, and West Indian manatee. Take an airboat tour to experience this vast, unique ecosystem.

Miami: Next, we make our way to Miami, famous for its vibrant nightlife in South Beach, high-end shopping at Brickell City Centre, and the historic and colorful architecture in the Art Deco Historic District. Enjoy the Cuban influence in the cafes and cigar shops of Little Havana, and don't miss the stunning murals in the Wynwood Walls district.

Florida Keys: Finally, we journey to the Florida Keys, a string of tropical islands stretching about 120 miles off the southern tip of the state. Visit Key West for its coral reefs, perfect for snorkeling and diving, and the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum. Make sure to stick around for the sunset celebrations at Mallory Square.

That concludes our virtual walk through Florida. The state is incredibly diverse, offering a blend of urban sophistication, historical charm, natural wonders, and seaside tranquility.

© Copyright 2023 WriterRick (UN: rick12221 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WriterRick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052010-A-walk-through-Florida