*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051991-Barely-Forty-Earlier-Today
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1051991 added July 1, 2023 at 11:11pm
Restrictions: None
Barely Forty Earlier Today
Barely Forty Earlier Today


Unfortunately, the above blog title is correct. I barely got forty single paragraphs written earlier today at work. That’s what I was hoping that I would get, but I wanted to get at least a couple more. Why did I want to do that? Because then it would have been forty numeric single paragraphs instead of thirty-eight.

Why is it thirty-eight instead of forty single paragraphs? it’s because two of the single paragraphs are the two Establishing Shots for Act Two of the fourth episode, Probable Death, for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. Even though they are single paragraphs too, they aren’t numeric ones.

Don’t get me wrong. I think that forty single paragraphs on a Saturday are very good writing. Just hoped it would have been a little bit more. Why wasn’t it more? That’s a very good question. Unfortunately, I don’t have the answer to it. There are several possible reasons why, and it could be any one of them. it could also be that it’s none of them too.

One possibility is the weather. There was a chance of bad weather throughout my shift at work earlier today. It didn’t end up being as bad as it was supposed to get. In fact, it wasn’t very bad at all. Of course, I didn’t know that. So, I expected the worst, and that may have affected my writing.

Another reason could be a lack of sleep. Only I didn’t have a lack of sleep earlier today. at least I should have had any. After all, I got plenty of sleep the day before. It wasn’t a lot of sleep, but it was about seven hours, and that should have been more than enough. So, why did I feel weak and tired while I was at work earlier. Maybe it was because of the weather.

There is one more possible reasons why I barely got forty single paragraphs written earlier today. another reason why I didn’t get more written today so far is because of re-writing. I had some problems with my single paragraphs. because there was a lot of re-writing going on with a lot of them.

Why did I have so much re-writing earlier today at work. Maybe it was because I was so weak and tired. Then again, it may have been the weather too. It could have been something else too. Whatever the reason, I had to do a lot of re-writing earlier today. I’m not sure how much re-writing I had to do, but it was a whole lot of it. Maybe about a fourth of my writing was re-writing.

I hope I’m wrong about it being half. Don’t think it was that bad, but it could have been. If not a little bit more than that. So, why so much re-writing? That I don’t know. I knew what I wanted to write. Just not sure how to write it and keep it with the three, four, five, or six lines per paragraph.

Some of my re-writing was simple to fix. It was just a word or two that needed to be fixed. Other times, it was a sentence or two. A few times, the whole paragraph needed to be fixed. Whatever the reason for me only getting forty single paragraphs written earlier today, I hope that doesn’t happen tomorrow too. I don’t think it will, but it could.





© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051991-Barely-Forty-Earlier-Today