*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052049-Another-Forty-Barely
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1052049 added July 2, 2023 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Another Forty Barely
Another Forty Barely


Usually, I get a few more single paragraphs than I do on Saturday. Maybe even more than a few on Sunday. Unfortunately, this was not one of those Sundays. I barely got another forty single paragraphs for the fourth episode of my Water Wars scriptwriting project. It should have been forty-two to forty-four or more.

Why was it only forty again today? I have a few theories about that. One theory is a lack of sleep. After all, I only got about six hours of sleep the day before. That’s not unusual for a Saturday, though. So, it should have been a reason for me only getting forty single paragraphs earlier today.

Then again, it might have been partially the reason. Why do I write that? It’s because I was a little bit sleepy during the last two or three hours of my shift earlier today. during the week, that’s not a problem because workers come in during those times. So, I don’t have time for sleeping.

On a Saturday, that isn’t quite as true. I do have a few workers coming in on a Saturday during my last two or three hours. At least I usually do, but not today. probably because this is a holiday weekend. Whatever the reason, I normally have one or two or more come in, but I didn’t today.

That’s one reason why I didn’t get more written today on this Scene Outline. Another reason is re-writing. I had some of it today too. Only today was worse. Usually, I have one or two words to rewrite. Maybe a sentence or two, but today I had whole paragraphs that needed to be re-written.

Why was it so bad in the re-writing? Don’t know the answer to that one. I knew what I wanted to write. Just didn’t know how to write it. Thought I did, but by the time I finished writing the paragraph or I was close to finishing it, I knew it was wrong and I needed to re-write it again.

Part of the re-writing was because of the length of my paragraphs. except for the Establishing Shots that are three lines long, my other line numbers are either fours, fives, or sixes. Most of them are either fours or fives. The sixes are the numeric numbers fives and tens. I had a lot of re-writing for them too.

Another reason for me only getting forty single paragraphs written today is because of this episode itself. I had a lack of concentration because of it, and I didn’t know why. It was in those last two or three hours of my shift that I think I figured it out. I think I need to start over from scratch with this one.

Don’t panic, I’m not starting over from scratch with this whole project. it’s just this episode. The storylines will be the same. It’s how I’m going to write them that’s a little bit different. Getting them ready to start writing them over again is what I’m going to be doing for the next three days.







© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052049-Another-Forty-Barely