*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052136-Missings
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1052136 added July 4, 2023 at 11:59am
Restrictions: None
Missings
Prompt: Missings
Sometimes we miss opportunities or trains or other things. Have you ever missed something like an opportunity or what someone meant when they said something to you?


======

Missings? There goes frustration, big time.

Such disappointment at first, then regret kicks in with "should've, could've, and would've" at its heels. But it's life and some missings will happen.

Imagine standing on a train platform, watching as the doors close and the train departs without you. Such an overwhelming sense of disappointment and helplessness right that minute inside you. But then, the consolation prize could be, this is not the only day in your life or the only train. In fact there's another one to take off in half an hour. Even if there isn't today, tomorrow the trains will start working again.

Well, so much for the train metaphor. But my main regret about missing something has been not seeing the truth behind someone's words and yet, believing in someone else's lies. Although this was decades ago, I still ponder some "what-if" scenarios and if my life could have been different--for better or worse--if I had made a different choice instead of taking another leap of faith.

Yet, missed opportunities are a natural part of life. No one can seize every opportunity that comes their way, and it's impossible to predict the outcome of each decision. Then, instead of fixating on the opportunities missed, it's more productive to focus on the lessons learned from those experiences.

On the plus side, by focusing on personal growth, staying open to new possibilities, and embracing resilience, I think I turned missed opportunities into stepping stones toward an acceptable life, and despite whatever missings I had in my life, I am not sorry for my choices. By luck or by divine intervention, they seem to have worked for the better.



.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052136-Missings