*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052187-The-lonely-house
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1891402
Miscellany
#1052187 added August 3, 2023 at 6:36am
Restrictions: None
The lonely house
There was a lonely house on the outskirts of a bustling town. The owner willed this property to the eldest son, a farmer, who lived in a village nearby. After his father's death, he wanted to rent it for extra money.

He decided to personally check his property, get it cleaned and put up new "For Hire" board on the gate.



He got off the bus on the highway and took a bypass to his house at the road's end.

He unlocked the door that opened with a moaning sound. “what was that?" he wondered. He entered the big hall.

He was stunned to find a crowd of people comprising men, women and children of all ages in the hall, on the stairway, spilling on to the back porch.

"Who are you all? What are you doing in my house?"

People with pale faces and gaping mouths stared at him without batting eyelids. Emotionless eyes seemed to question "your house?"

Walking into their midst, he yelled, "Get out! I will call the police."

In a single, silent moment they crowded on him. Next moment, he too stood in the hall with others.


Word Count:190

Prompt: The Haunted House

Written for Monthly Micro Stories Contest's forum by rupali July,2023

Winner July 2023.
Thank you for the honour and the gps rupali
© Copyright 2023 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052187-The-lonely-house