*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052544-Clouds
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1891402
Miscellany
#1052544 added July 13, 2023 at 3:22am
Restrictions: None
Clouds
Cloud, my friend.



This cloudy weather reminds me of my beloved.

Oh, thou clouds in the wide blue sky! Are you traveling from my beloved's place? Listen to my appeal. When you go back, please convey this message to him. Tell him that my life here is meaningless without his presence.

Tell him that I thirst to hear his soft voice and his melodic words like the dry earth that waits for rain, like wilting buds that wait for the sun to bring them back to life.

Make it clear to him that I am spending each moment and each day mechanically, because I miss his drive, enthusiasm and inspiration. Ask him to give you the date of his arrival home into my arms.


Dear Clouds! You bring rain to crops and to the green forests so we survive. Can't you pity my miserable state and bring relief? I am glad you are my emissary to speak these pain-bearing words of mine in his presence.

Warn him that I am at the end of my patience. My heart aches with this separation. When you visit him let my tears rain from you, so he would see the density of pain I am going through due to our unexpected separation.


------


Word Count:197

Prompt: Cloudy

Written for The Forum of Micro-Monologue Contest.

Host: rupali
© Copyright 2023 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052544-Clouds