*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052222-Replacing-Internal-Chaos-with-Peace
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1052222 added July 6, 2023 at 6:00am
Restrictions: None
Replacing Internal Chaos with Peace
Yo-yoing emotions are to be expected. Up one day and down the next will be my normal for an indefinite period of time. This is everyone's life anyway and taking the good with the bad is, dare I say, normal.

Yesterday I was a bit down. I allowed some things to get to me. Dealing with the loss of the most important person in my life and an entire house to sort, clean and potentially have to fight a legal battle over was beginning to overwhelm me. My position on all fronts is strong and I am confident little can be done to reverse my Mother's last Will and Testament. The problem is if there is a contest, the estate must pay the legal fees of whoever decides to go down that path. There are plenty of firms who will take this kind of matter on...no win no fee. Unfortunately, these potential fees will be paid by the estate (me). I'm not stressing about that just yet because first of all, I have to get the Supreme Court to recognise the Will as valid and grant probate.

Once this is done, as executor, I can then distribute the estate according to the wishes of my mother. The catch is that anyone wanting to contest the Will has nine months to do so. This means it is inadvisable to liquidate the assets (the house) during this period in case any possible contest is successful. It suits me anyway because as much as I have a plan to move permanently to Thailand, it's a good idea to have a backup plan and therefore, somewhere to return to, just in case things don't go as well as I hope.

At this stage, once a grant of probate is issued, and I wind up the estate and pay out the beneficiaries what they have been bequeathed, then I can rent out the house on a short-term lease (there is a severe housing shortage in Queensland at the moment and rents are very high). I can then go on holiday until whenever it suits me, return and finalise my plans depending on any legal proceedings that may come up.

It's all very much a silver cloud with a darkish lining, no matter how it goes.

Today, I went to the local hardware warehouse and bought replacement locks, some new blinds and curtains. All things I need to do in order to make the house safe for any prospective tenants (because people have previously had access to the keys which is a good enough reason to change the locks). Slowly, day by day I am getting things done. I'm not going at it like a maniac because I don't need to. What I do need to do, however, is focus on my training, my mental health and my goal of staying off meth. All interconnected and all a part of this new life I am planning/living.

My best friend in all the world, who convinced me there is such a thing as unconditional love by demonstrating it in real-time, sent me a link to an interview with British comedian Russel Brand. I was moved by his philosophy and brilliance...profoundly so. I've never heard a more sensible argument for where we humans must begin to head. A must watch in my opinion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EXUpMMde51E&pp=ygUXcnVzc2VsbCBicmFuZCBpbnRlcnZpZXc...

Today I achieved a lot and tomorrow, I plan on doing similar. I feel so normal now, as opposed to the internal chaos that once ruled my life. I'm aware of the pitfalls to come, but I am very confident nothing is going to get in my way.

© Copyright 2023 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052222-Replacing-Internal-Chaos-with-Peace