*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052268-The-Equivalent-of-Thirty-Three
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1052268 added July 6, 2023 at 11:15pm
Restrictions: None
The Equivalent of Thirty-Three
The Equivalent of Thirty-Three


It took me a lot longer to finish writing my single sentences for the Scene Outline of Episode Four, Probable Death, for my Water Wars scriptwriting project than I thought that it would. No, that’s not correct. I was hoping that I would get them done a lot sooner than I did.

How soon did I get the hundred and sixty single sentences finished? Unfortunately, it took me my whole shift at work to finish them, and I barely got them done even then. I maybe had about ten to fifteen minutes left before I finished them. Of course, that meant I did them in about five hours, and when I think about it like that, that’s not bad at all.

Why only five hours? Wasn’t it six before now? The second question is true. I used to call my writing time six hours, but that only included my rounds and the paperwork I have to do per shift. That didn’t include the camera watching and the employees starting to come into work.

Adding it all together, I get five hours instead of six for my writing. No wonder it took me so long to get a hundred and sixty single sentences written earlier today at work. That’s the equivalent of just over thirty-three single paragraphs written earlier today. Thirty-three and one-third to be exact. How did I figure that out? It’s not as hard as it sounds.

Every five scenes equal twenty-four lines. So, I multiplied five aka twenty-five (five times five) to one hundred and sixty. Then I divided it by twenty-four, and I got thirty-three and one-third. How did I come up with twenty-four lines for every five scenes? That’s also easy to explain too. At least I think it is.

Within every five scenes, there are two that are four lines long, two that are five lines long, and one that is six lines long. Add them all up and I get twenty-four. Which is one less than twenty-five. Divide twenty-five by five and I got five. Adding five to the one hundred and sixty and dividing it from the twenty-four and I get thirty-three and one-third.

If I just divide the one hundred and sixty by five, I get thirty-two. So, the minus one didn’t add too much more to the total. That’s how I figured out that I got just over thirty-three single paragraphs written earlier today at work, and for me, that’s very good writing. Especially, for a weekday.

What about tomorrow? When I go to work in about two hours from now, I will start working on my Story Outline for this Episode. There are fifty-four single paragraphs for this Story Outline. So, I should be able to get it done in a couple of days. How do I figure that? Eighteen of those fifty-four are three lines long aka the Teaser Act and the Tag Acts.

Twelve single paragraphs are four lines long aka the secondary Characters of Reen, Voonc, and Kiirra. The last twenty-four single paragraphs belong to Chaad, Suuri, and Hoolle. Add them all together, and I get fifty-four single paragraphs. It shouldn’t take me too long to do that many.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052268-The-Equivalent-of-Thirty-Three