*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052280-on-Imagination
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1052280 added July 7, 2023 at 10:52am
Restrictions: None
on Imagination
Prompt:
"Imagination makes us aware of limitless possibilities. How many of us haven't pondered the concept of infinity or imagined the possibility of time travel? In one of her poems, Emily Bronte likens imagination to a constant companion, but I prefer to think of it as a built-in entertainment system." Alexandra Adornetto
What is imagination to you? Is it a companion, an entertainment system, or something else?


====

Granted, with old age, my imagination has taken a break and that's why I write and read less fiction and more non-fiction, nowadays. Not that, I don't enjoy reading a well-written story or poem, by the way. Having said that, I have to admit I miss my more imaginative youthful days and ways.

This may be because, with age, reality has set in more strongly whereas imagination's powerful force usually transcends all boundaries. Also, this may be because I have little pep left to explore imagination's infinite possibilities where far-out ideas take shape and concepts come to life.

Then, I still appreciate those concepts born from the depths of imagination, but mostly others' imaginations, to tell the truth. Those concepts can be the building blocks of medical, technological, and social innovations, and also, entertainment to serve as a foundation upon which movies, novels and stories, video games and many other forms of media can be constructed.

As such, imagination creates futuristic technologies, magical realms, fantasy stories and creatures by allowing creators to go far beyond the confines of reality. Who can ever forget iconic fantasy people like Harry Potter, Luke Skywalker, Cinderella,or Sherlock holmes and worlds like the Middle-Earth and the Star Wars Galaxy! Such fun stuff can easily bridge the gap between the fictional world and my own reality to let me experience awe-inspiring adventures even while I am sitting in my chair, enjoying a cup of tea.

Then, even though my role-playing has stayed within the confines of my childhood, I can still appreciate how imagination also invents those role-playing games and virtual realities that enhance people's otherwise dull everyday lives. For it is through imagination that thoughts transcend far beyond the world we live in to create worlds filled with wonder and innovations with endless potentials.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052280-on-Imagination