*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052503-Several-Kinds-of-Dictation
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1052503 added July 11, 2023 at 11:27pm
Restrictions: None
Several Kinds of Dictation
Several Kinds of Dictation


I haven’t had too much time today to do any research on the best way to transcribe my handwriting to my laptop. Maybe that’s the wrong wording. It’s not really the best way as it is the fastest one. Whatever I call this I still haven’t had that much time to do it today, but I did have enough time though.

It hasn’t been a normal second day off from work aka a Tuesday. It’s probably a close second, though. That’s how busy my brother and I have been today. It started very early this morning, and it was the middle of the afternoon before we got it all finished. As soon as I got home, I continued working on my research as to the best way to transcribe my handwriting to my laptop.

There are several ways that I can use dictation to transcribe my handwriting to my laptop. Unfortunately, the way I was hoping to use probably won’t happen for several reasons too. After finishing my research, I tested my audio recording method of doing it, but I had a lot of problems doing it. First, one was the recording that I tried to do on my cell phone.

For some reason, I couldn’t save it or if I did, I couldn’t find it on my phone. It’s probably there somewhere, but I don’t know where it is right now. So, I installed another recorder, and it seemed to work. Not only did I record a brief message, but I emailed it to myself without too many problems.

After I saved this recording to my laptop, I went into a blank document to try to insert it into this document. I had some trouble doing that, but I did get it done. The only problem is I tried to play the recording and use Dictation to enter it into my document, but it didn’t work.

So, I went back to the research that I had saved and re-read the part of it to see where I went wrong. I discovered I may still be able to do it, but if I do, I will need to use the built-in Screen Reader to do it. There is only one problem with doing it that way. Can’t record individual single paragraphs. They need to be done as a group of them.

I could still do them that way, but instead of them individually I would need to do them as a group aka probably an Act. Why do I need to do that? Because with a Screen Reader, I need to send my recording to Microsoft and they translate them, but there is only one transcription per document. So, I either need to do them as individual documents or as groups.

There’s another problem I may have with recordings anyway. My voice sounds terrible on them because of my speech handicap. If I am going to use dictation to transcribe my handwriting, it’s probably going to be through my laptop itself. There doesn’t seem to be too much of a problem with that so far.




© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052503-Several-Kinds-of-Dictation