*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052541-Its-Not-Really-Research
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1052541 added July 12, 2023 at 11:10pm
Restrictions: None
It's Not Really Research
It’s Not Really Research


I thought that if I had any time for writing today, I would devote it to thinking about what I was going to continue to write when I go back to work at midnight tonight for a Thursday morning shift. In other words, I was going to just sit back and relax today. That’s if I got any time to even do that.

If it was the last few hundred Wednesdays, I wouldn’t have been able to do that. Luckily, it wasn’t that bad today. my brother and I did have something that we had to do this morning, and a little bit this afternoon, but most of the day I had to devote to my writing. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any writing to do.

Normally, I would have a Short Story or two to write, but I can’t do that this month. The contests I usually write for each month either is a poetry contest instead of a Short Story or it’s a contest that hasn’t had a prompt again this month so far. It doesn’t look like there will be one this month either.

For the last couple of days, I have been doing research on ways that I could transcribe my handwriting to my laptop the easiest way I can do that. I figured that would be through dictation. My only problem was how I could do that dictation. That’s what I have been researching for the last couple of days.

I’m kind of at a dead end with it. The best and maybe the only way I may be able to do dictation is by me reading my handwriting out loud directly into my laptop. I still don’t know if that is going to work either, but from what testing I have done with it, I think that I can do it.

So, if I didn’t have any short stories to write or scriptwriting to work on physically, then what did I do today? I did kind of some research. It’s not really research, but then again it kind of is research. What does that nonsense mean? It means I read parts of some scripts today.

I didn’t have too much time today for doing any kind of writing. What little time I did have went to me reading television and movie scripts. Only I didn’t read them from beginning to end. I read only parts of them. Why did I do that? That’s what the research part of today was all about.

Mostly I was looking for how many blank lines were between scenes. Some were one line and some were two. I also did the same thing between scenes too. Once again, some were one space, and some were two. Overall, it was about half and half when it comes to both of these things, I was looking for today.

Two other things I was looking at were the length of these scripts, the number of scenes they had if they had any scene numbers at all, and if they started and ended each movie or Act with a FADE IN or a FADE OUT. I didn’t find too many that did follow this last FADE IN or FADE OUT rule.

In just under two hours from now, I’m going to be going back to work. That means, I going back to working on my fourth episode, Probable Death, for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. I can’t remember where I left off, but I’m sure that I still have a lot of single paragraphs to write.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052541-Its-Not-Really-Research