*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052550-A-Good-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1052550 added July 13, 2023 at 7:56am
Restrictions: None
A Good Day
A good day was had...I have one leg shorter than the other by one inch. This makes every pair of shoes I buy that much more expensive. The process is buy a pair of runners, hand them over to my shoe guy and hope they turn out ok. No guarantees though, and a $150 pair of New Balance shoes (plus another $150 to build them up) are a gamble I have no choice but to take if they are ruined in the process.

So, I walked into my local Footlocker store, where it appeared (or not appeared, depending on which salesperson couldn't see me) that I was invisible... apparently. After five minutes of walking around looking at different brands and trying my best to look conspicuous, I tried a different approach by attempting to catch the eye of one of their hard-working sales attendants. Unfortunately, it appeared she was much too busy to ask a potential customer if he required assistance, and instead, was deep in conversation with another girl. I thought, fair enough, they must be discussing how to raise their sales in a competitive market (since their competition is right next door). I know it was wrong, but I couldn't help but eavesdrop on their conversation (there wasn't much else going on at that point in my life), and to my surprise, they weren't discussing how to raise their sales at all, but instead were discussing, quite loudly I might add, their plans for the upcoming weekend. This revelation pissed me off to no end.

The Rebel Sports store next door became a more attractive option, so I exercised my consumer rights and walked indignantly out of Footslacker. No prizes for guessing no one even noticed me leaving, as I made a beeline for more than the nothing service I had just not received (oh I do love the English language). I admit that after my experience, expectations were at an all-time low.

All I wanted was a, "Hello, can I help you?" Or even, "How's your day going?" Said with a smile.

I entered the Rebel Sports store, only to realise I wasn't invisible at all, and that it was possible I was being ignored at the previous store. What a relief that was.

And at the end of the day, not only did Rebel Sports get the sale, but also a positive five-star Google review (which they deserved)...and Footlslacker did not. I did, however, give them a fair review of their service and a one-star rating.

My family have accepted the offer to pay them out. This means that there won't be a challenge to my Mom's Will and is great news to me and makes planning the next phase of my life so much easier and less stressful.

All in all...a good day was had.

© Copyright 2023 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052550-A-Good-Day