*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052707-Day-number-3
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1052707 added July 17, 2023 at 9:07am
Restrictions: None
Day number 3
This is day number three of my writing journey. I can't say it is new since I have tried many times over the years. This is the best start ever though.


Today I skipped the bike ride, I really overdid it yesterday and it took a long time to recover. Mu pulse rate had skyrocketed into dangerous levels, part of which I attribute to the medication they gave me for my chronic cough. I don't agree with their diagnosis of bronchitis, I have none of the classic systems and the medication, prednisone, really doesn't seem to have any indication as to being a valid treatment. Like penicillin of the old days, I think prednisone is now the medication of favor for anything that they don't really know what it is.




My wife had an unusual condition years ago and spent a lot of time in the hospital. It started as a rash but became a shortness of breath and extreme weakness. Unfortunately, the doctors jumped on the shortness of breath as a main issue and she saw a pulmonary specialist for way too long. They put her on high doses of prednisone and that induced diabetes so she was having to do the insulin shots. Finally, she was referred to a rheumatologist. The new doctor came in to the hospital room at the first meeting and took all of five minutes to come up with the correct diagnosis. She said she only saw cases of it every 4 or 5 years. It took several months to find the medication to cure the problem but all turned out for the best.


Next month will be interesting, my wife is going to Ireland. Her ancestors on her father's side were Irish. She did considerable research for genealogy, even writing to Parish Priests in Ireland for information. Her cousin and her husband were going to Ireland last year and invited her along. She went and had a great time but she was out of shape and there was a considerable amount of walking involved. They were part of a tour group and loaded up a tour bus every morning to go visit a different area. This time, same tour leader but different areas. And she already has her eyes on a tour to even more different areas next year. And she started working out 5 days a week. I'm sure she'll enjoy this trip more than the last.


She's already stocking the freezer up with frozen meals for me. I don't mind cooking but I hate cleaning up the mess. Something I can mix up in a frying pan or pop in the oven or microwave works out well. I'm not a finicky eater, a cold hot dog or a simple sandwich and I'm good. Tomatoes are ripe now and I grew up on tomato sandwiches and cucumber sandwiches...I could alternate those for a week and be perfectly content. Toss in a pizza now and then (2 days of meals) and I'm good. She'll be gone over 2 weeks so it will be me and the dogs.


We have 3 dogs, 2 collies (never again, they bark way too much) and my son's Belgian Malinois. My son is a firefighter and works at a part time position so he puts in all the hours he can so it's not really conducive for him to have his dog since he's gone so much. Between his working, daily gym workout (he's a body builder) and jujitsu classes, he's a busy boy. His dog is quite content to be here but you can see the look in her eyes when he leaves that she wants to go with...sad to see.


In any case, I think this is a wrap for today. I now cheat though. I looked over my initial post the other day and saw so many errors that I now run the text through a grammar/spell checker before I submit. I'm learning to pay more attention but fat fingers, keys that don't always get punched hard enough (I have plenty more excuses), I'd like to get it all right to start (like in my camera, getting the image right in the viewfinder and not relying on post processing).


I hope all have a good day, I'm planning on it!



© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052707-Day-number-3