*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052725-2nd-Entry-for-June-Persuasion-by-Jane-Austen
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #2289858
Reviews for Books Read
#1052725 added July 17, 2023 at 2:36pm
Restrictions: None
2nd Entry for June "Persuasion" by Jane Austen
Persuasion by Jane Austen was published in 1817, six months after her death. Is was the last novel that she had completed.

The main character is Anne Elliot. Her family has fallen on hard times due to her father's extravagant spending. She had her heart broken when she had been persuaded by her snobbish family not to marry a naval captain named Frederick Wentworth. Heartbroken, he went away to fight in the Napoleonic Wars and now has returned with money and the social acceptability of being of rank in the navy. Will they be able to overcome their past and rekindle their love?

I have seen the movie as well as the book. I much prefer books to adaptations, as you lose so much background in a movie. Characters are often taken out of context, or removed or even combined with other characters. I like the original book much better.

I give the book a 5 *Star* rating and would recommend it anyone who likes stories of this nature. Jane Austen is a fascinating author, in my opinion, and captures comedy and sarcasm quite well.



signature updated by lili_in_fl
© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052725-2nd-Entry-for-June-Persuasion-by-Jane-Austen