*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052755-Sound-Effects
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1052755 added July 18, 2023 at 10:57am
Restrictions: None
Sound Effects
Prompt: Sound Effects
Some say that chefs invented potato chips for their sound effects. Can you think of other sound effects that enrich our lives?


------------

I don't eat potato chips all that much but the crunch of my regular morning fare, open-faced and toasted bread and cheese slices, might produce similar sound effects. They seem to do that to me inside my head anyway while I take the bites.

Granted, toasted bread's crunch is not the same as a potato chip's, but it has its own unique auditory allure. The two are similar in that, the crunching sound begins with a subtle, yet crisp crackle as the teeth break through a hard thin surface. chip. This initial sound sets the stage for what is to come, instantly drawing my attention and building anticipation. The volume may vary depending on the force applied and the thickness of the food item, but the essence remains the same—a resounding crunch that echoes delightfully.

Not just the sounds of eating something, but also other intriguing sounds surround us on a daily basis. Just a while ago, I heard the beeping sound of the Terminix truck and I rushed to close the doors and windows since I knew that our Terminix serviceman was going to spray the outdoor areas around the house.

Then, for those who are lucky enough to live in the four-season zones, the crunch of the autumn leaves on the ground may captivate their senses and evoke a range of emotions. And of course there are other sounds, too, like that of the rain, waves against rocks, birds chirping, crackling open fire, cat's purring, an owl's hooting, wine or water being poured, a baby's giggle, sea in a conch shell, popping bubble wrap, a bat hitting the baseball, referee's whistle, buzzing bumblebees, popcorn popping, car engine, fire truck sirens, arcade amusement game sounds, clock ticking, coins clattering, hands clapping, kettle boiling...etc.

Come to think of it, we are living in a symphony orchestra, the orchestra of life in our world, whose music can trigger memories and emotional responses. In essence, simple or complicated, we owe a lot to all the sounds that surround us to make our lives unique by evoking sensory experiences inside our minds.

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052755-Sound-Effects