*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052798-Blind-Trust
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1052798 added July 19, 2023 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
Blind Trust
Prompt:
"The best way to find out if you can trust someone is to trust them."
Ernest Hemmingway
Write about this in your Blog entry today.


[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Ernest, through his all earnestness, has shot off the mouth, just maybe. The statement, the way I see it, is not all true and it is not all wrong, either. While it highlights the significance of trust in building relationships, it is not advisable to fully trust someone without any consideration for their character and behavior.

On the plus side, it is true that mutual trust can be build with optimist and some level of trust in the beginning, but we have to be sure of the other person's trustworthiness.

To begin with, we need to find the right balance in trusting others. Trust should be based on a combination of factors such as the other person's past behavior, whether they are comfortable in engaging in open and honest conversations, and if there is a consistency to their words and actions. This is because the negative aspects of blind trust can lead to betrayal and naiveté on the part of the trusting person, and as a result, personal safety can become a huge concern.

Yet, when we trust a person, they are more likely to reciprocate that trust. Trusting others can help us overcome fear and suspicion in interpersonal relationships as it enables emotions of well-being and promotes faster progress toward shared goals.

To wrap it up, there is an element of truth in the saying, but we need to use it with much caution and nuance, and hopefully, by using some previous information, too.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052798-Blind-Trust