*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052775-June-27-2023
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #2299971
My journal about my conversion to Judaism.
#1052775 added July 18, 2023 at 8:47pm
Restrictions: None
June 27, 2023
I did not finish what I was writing the other day, but I will come back to it on another day. I had an interesting and unexpected day today. At work, I only thought about how I have Monday and Tuesday off so I will be able to watch the Chabad Academy classes that I miss when I'm at work since our lunch is a working lunch. I thought about all the people who saw leadership qualities in me that I clearly did not see.

I went to my uncle's house today to chat and pay him for the family to chat and pay him for the family reunion t-shirt for Saturday's family reunion. It's hard to believe it's been two years since I made that drive to visit family. My uncle and I got person with our conversation and I told him that I was converting to be a Jew. I never expected to hear the words, "I'm proud of you," but I did. It was nice to be able to share with that side of my family and not be scolded. I shared a lot of what I have learned. He was very interested in kosher cooking so we went through his pantry and I showed him the symbols that he already had in his home. He was excited. I have to admit that I am worried about Saturday being a disaster because of sharing this with him. Is he going to talk about it and my sister make a scene. How will it go if she and my aunt are drunk again? Will this be my last family reunion?

© Copyright 2023 Jeanette (UN: babygirl328 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeanette has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052775-June-27-2023