*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052777-June-29-2023
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #2299971
My journal about my conversion to Judaism.
#1052777 added July 18, 2023 at 10:38pm
Restrictions: None
June 29, 2023
Today's Talmud was by a Rabbi that I had never seen before. He talked about how the red cow and honoring your parents were related. The thing that surprised me is that the story he told was about a non-Jew. He was surprised that a non-Jew would honor his parents since it isn't a mitzvot for him. I guess I'm amazed at how much misconceptions there are between races and religions. I don't know any culture that honoring your parents isn't thought as the right and moral thing to do and taught to their children as an expectation. It's part of the 10 Commandments. God said to do it so we do. Period. I never heard the word mitzvat until a few months ago, but if my mom asked me to do something, I did it. I would clean my mom's house for her and mow her lawn even when I didn't live there because honoring my mom was listening to God. I wanted to listen to God even though I wasn't a Jew. As a Jew in training, I understand that it is a mitzvat We must do it to fulfill our obligation to fulfill that 1 of the 613 laws of the Torah. I see glimpses of God in so many people when they love others, when they serve others, when they give to others, when they love others as themselves, when someone quotes Torah whether they realize it or not.

Thank you Hashem for revealing yourself to me in so many ways to lead me here today. I love you my G-d with all that I am, with all that I will be, with all that I have, with all that I think. Thank you King of the Universe for being my God.

© Copyright 2023 Jeanette (UN: babygirl328 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeanette has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052777-June-29-2023