*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052833-Another-dayand-its-my-day-to-go-to-breakfast
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1052833 added July 20, 2023 at 5:56am
Restrictions: None
Another day...and it's my day to go to breakfast!
Golly Gee Whiz!

Here I am, yet again!

I woke up too early once again. Not many years back I was sleeping way too much and having major stability issues. My hands shook so bad it was a struggle to dial my phone. I had done a bit of research (Dr. Google as they call it) and found that a few of the medications I was on could be causing the issues. I had fallen in my yard more than once and was unable to get up. I couldn't even get on all fours and crawl, I'd just topple over. My muscles were like limp rags. I asked my doc about it, he sat back in his chair, said ''Possibly'' and that was the extent of his interest. I stopped the meds, stopped the doc and have never felt better. So now I'm into the older age and less sleep requirements.

Since I restarted my bike riding (once I was able to balance again) I've been monitoring my heart rate. Way back in my early 20s while in the Navy and stationed in guam, I started running. I was never a serious runner but 25 miles a week or so. I managed to get my heart rate down into the 50s. Of course, over the years and a more sedentary life style it had built back up into the 70s. I did manage to focus on it and at night I was able to get down into the mid-60s. With only a few weeks of serious bike riding, I was down into the 50s and last night I was down into the mid-40s. Better than I expected and now it looks like with regular living I hover in the low 70 to upper 60 range.

My oldest brother had a pacemaker put in years ago. He's always been somewhat active but nothing really strenuous. Plus somehow he became diabetic and his weight is higher than it should be. My other brother just had stints put in and I'm not sure he has any fat on his bones, he always tended to be on the skinny side. I had both a physical therapist and a cardio specialist tell me that once the heart has become efficient, it never forgets. If you neglect it for years and then start getting back into shape, the heart remembers and can quickly adapt. I'm hoping that is the case. My mother always had excellent results for her EKGs and was told she had a very healthy heart.

I won't claim that I eat an ideal diet. I'm not a finicky eater. Cold weenies in a cold bun with mustard is quite satisfactory for me. But, I don't eat garbage food on a regular basis. I might have fast food 4 or 5 times a year. Even prepared meals are not common fare. I guess as long as I feel I'm eating somewhat healthy and the doc is happy, I'm satisfied.

Meanwhile, ''Me and My Camera'' is still spinning around in my brain. It may come out in a poetic form, it is still gelling in the brain.

I hope everyone has a good day, I plan on it!

Tim

© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052833-Another-dayand-its-my-day-to-go-to-breakfast